Thursday 20 March 2014

WIP: Italeri Ferrari 365 GTB Daytona

The Ferrari-ness continues.

Alas, another one of the not quite documented builds with just a few random shots here and there of random stages.

Engine:
In the process of being wired.
I was using a MFH superfine wire for this which was more true to scale but because of how it's made, it's perhaps too translucent when it should be a solid opaque red.


The chassis of this kit is a joy as it's all crisply moulded and fits together easily. There is one problem though in that you have to test fit the stance properly before committing to cement.
How do I know this?
I didn't, which is why the finished result doesn't actually sit square.




The interior is another nicely detailed area.
Seats have nicely done back parts, the dash is nicely registered and the switches are a bit too big for true-scale but makes detailing easier. I didn't put that much effort into this, as I don't tend to in most interiors as you don't really see it when the body's on. Besides, the bits that interest me are the chassis and engine which is where I tend to put more effort into.




The traditional Ferrari is always in red, mainly due to the historic use of red as Italy's racing colour. However, buyers had a large choice of colours and some of these old classic shapes are equally beautiful in any shade.

I went with black for the classic black/tan combo.




I find the darker colours shows off that perfectly smooth/rounded rear section better than a light one as the reflections and highlights are much more defined on the dark surface. In this case, it also gives higher contrast to the BMF trim on the glass-works.


Completed Gallery
Home

No comments:

Post a Comment